Youth Ambassadors are a diverse community of committed and inspiring students, ranging from eighth grade to university level all of whom are also past
recipients of the Foundation’s Christian Service Award.
Their commitment to faith and service is a guiding principle as they expand their impact in our parishes, schools and community by engaging youth in philanthropy and creating opportunities for themselves, other kids and families to give back.
To engage and connect Catholic youth by demonstrating Christ-centered behavior and pioneering the development of young Catholic philanthropic leaders who effect positive change in their schools, parishes and communities.
The YAA was formed in June of 2010 to:
- Empower youth to make decisions, which will not only benefit themselves but also future generations of CSA winners, community leaders, young philanthropists and other non-profit organizations;
- Provide a direct line of resources through the Foundation, for example: volunteer opportunities, events, business mentors, nonprofit knowledge, professional development, job/intern opportunities etc;
- Assist in the development of their understanding of planned and charitable giving;
- Strengthen the relationships and possibilities of the Foundation’s student cohort and provide an open forum for communication, and;
- Spread awareness and help cultivate the next generation of Catholic philanthropists.
The YAA meets several times a year and are proactive decision makers in their own volunteerism, fundraising and grant-making efforts.
The Catholic Community Foundation welcomes and applauds the 55 individuals who are members of the YAA and looks forward to updating you on their future accomplishments.
For more information contact the Programs and Communications office of the Foundation at 602.354.2407.