The Catholic Community Foundation and its partner, JP Morgan, have constructed investment pools that are designed to provide a variety of risk and return profiles. These pools are actively managed by the JP Morgan team and seek to manage risk and return efficiently and effectively.
The pools are compliant with USCCB standards and are actively monitored, screened, and evaluated by the Foundation’s Finance and Investment Committee. You can have the peace of mind knowing that qualified professionals are constantly reviewing the activity and holdings of the portfolio.
These investment options are for individuals with a traditional donor-advised fund account, or for Non-profit Organizations that have a Catholic Growth Fund. The pools are listed in order of highest to lowest risk. Before choosing an option, we recommend a free consultation with our investment partner to better understand your risk profile and what option is most appropriate for your situation:
1. Growth Pool
- Seeks long-term capital growth through diversified multi-asset class investing.
- Designed for long-term or perpetual oriented philanthropic time horizons:
- Donor Advised funds that eye conversion to endowment or funds are expected to be expended beyond 10 years.
2. Conservative Growth Pool
- Seeks capital growth with moderate volatility, which is intended to generate moderate investment growth.
- Designed for philanthropic individuals with current and ongoing granting and anticipate continuing for the next 3-10 years.
3. Fixed Income Pool
- Seeks to achieve predictable growth with limited fluctuations, through a diversified bond portfolio of corporate and government bonds.
- Ideal for individuals or agencies that are seeking less volatility and have a short-term use horizon for invested dollars.
4. Money Market Pool
- Seeks to keep pace with inflation by investing in low risk cash and cash equivalents.
- Designed for short-term philanthropic individuals who anticipate contributing and granting funds within a time horizon of 1 year or less.
Risk Free Savings Account only available to Non-profit Organizations:
1. Catholic Savings Pool
- Designed for Non-profit Organizations that are seeking a fixed return on their investment, without being tied up in long term commitments, experiencing the angst of hidden fees or early withdrawal penalties, which can be associated with traditional savings accounts, CD’s and money market funds. Best of all this is a guaranteed rate of return with no risk. Click here for more information on the Catholic Savings Fund.
|Pool Name||Expense Ratio||Asset Allocation||Risk Potential|
|Conserative Growth||0.55%||50% Bond
|Fixed Income||0.32%||100% Corporate
Bonds & Fixed Income
|Money Market||0%||Cash & Cash Equivalents|
|3 Months||***Fiscal YTD||1 Year||Since Inception 6/30/2016|
|Growth / Endowment||-3.8%||15.0%||2.9%||2.9%||7.3%|
|Conservative Growth / Intermediate||-0.4%||11.3%||5.2%||5.2%||6.4%|
|Money Market / Short Term||0.2%||0.0%||1.0%||1.0%||0.9%|
|Catholic Savings Fund****||0.325%||0.3125%||1.25%||1.25%||1.25%|
* All performance is net of fees
** Year to date is as of the beginning of the calendar year (January 1, 2020)
*** Fiscal year to date is as of the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1, 2019)
**** Fixed payment of 1.25% per annum, credited quarterly, compounded annually. Available only to institutions.
|Date||Intermediate Pool||Endowment Pool|
|December 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|November 30||Download Report||Download Report|
|October 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|September 30||Download Report||Download Report|
|August 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|July 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|June 30||Download Report||Download Report|
|May 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|April 30||Download Report||Download Report|
|March 31||Download Report||Download Report|
|February 28||Download Report||Download Report|
|January 31||Download Report||Download Report|